Bapu Surat Singh Khalsa 253 days on Hunger Strike to seek the release of prisoners held unlawfully.
- Surat Singh Khalsa, a civil rights activist.
- Aged 82
- Has been on a hunger strike since 16th January 2015
- That was 9 MONTHS AGO
- There has been no media coverage apart from that provided by Sikh Channels.
- Indian government refuses to respond or even acknowledge what is going on.
- Peaceful protests have been acted out by Sikhs worldwide but no one listens.
Bapu Surat Singh Khalsa’s emaciated body on a hunger strike, peacefully protesting for civil rights.
- To get the release of Sikh Political prisoners who have completed their sentence.
- Also seeks release of all prisoners who have completed their sentences and are being unlawfully held, regardless of religion.
- Indian government won’t release them, they are holding them on no legal grounds.
Earlier picture of Bapu Surat Singh Khalsa before Hunger Strike
- Because of the small coverage that is being carried out by Sikhs, the Government have ARRESTED Surat Singh Khalsa from his home several times since his hunger strike. They FORCED their way into his home, threatened family and friends around him and chained him to hospital beds, force-feeding him via In-Vitro tubes.
- He did NOTHING to warrant these arrests. He is weak and has no energy, he can only lie in bed and await the fate of God.
- His Son-In-Law was found murdered in Chicago on 18th August 2015.
- Only 1 month ago.
- Coincidence? I think not.
- We believe this was orchestrated by the Indian Government to send a message.
- There is no media coverage by the western world and no response from Governments.
- The Indian Government won’t allow any media coverage on this, only certain Sikh funded channels are managing to keep some of us with access updated.
- This is a joke. Hindu Anna Hazare completed a 4 DAY hunger strike for something and he got WIDE MEDIA COVERAGE and his requests granted within 3 days.
Bapu Surat Singh Khalsa early days into hunger strike.
No words can describe how disgusted, isolated and hurt I feel for this poor man and everything he represents. Which is my culture, religion and society.
The world turned their backs on him.
They continue to turn a blind-eye.
Fear God, for he knows everything and his judgement is final.
God bless his soul.
I don’t fear for a physical death, but when my conscience dies, that is a real death~Sant Jarnail Singh Bhindranwale